Re: [TenTec] TenTec Paragon 585

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TenTec Paragon 585
From: chuck adams <chuck.adams.k7qo@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2015 12:45:28 -0700

On 02/04/2015 12:40 PM, Wade Staggs wrote:
*Hello Chuck,*
*                           I believe you may be looking for the Crystal
Band Pass Filters @ 6.3 MHZ..... Please see the link below to the Ten Tec
Website. *

*http://www.tentec.com/products/250-Hz-CW-Filter-6.3-MHz-IF.html
<http://www.tentec.com/products/250-Hz-CW-Filter-6.3-MHz-IF.html>*

*You may find these on E-Pay ( ebay ) and several Ham Related sites as used
for between $50.00 up to the New Cost. If you were talking about an actual
6.3 MHZ Crystal? Please, accept my apologies. Also, if we may help in any
way getting your Transmitter on the air. Please feel free to contact me.*

*                                                       73 from Wade/KJ4WS*

Wade,

Thanks for the link.

I am looking for the individual HC-49U 6.3MHz crystals.  I can build
my own crystal filters.  :-)

I need the schematics for the Paragon to allow me to use an
O'scope to find the bad part(s) in the driver and PA section.
I do not want to remove the bottom covers until I can tell
where to probe.

I assume that you have a Paragon.  I already have a working
Corsair II that I have had a long time.  Got it for $200 with
P/S.  Got the Paragon for $150 with P/S.  Both in mint condition,
so not bad.

I love the QSK of the rigs.  I disabled the QSK relay in the Corsair
so that I don't hear the clicking.

73 es tnx,

chuck, k7qo