[TenTec] Orion II and RTTY

To: "Ten-Tec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Orion II and RTTY
From: "Marsh Stewart" <marsh@ka5m.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2015 19:55:21 -0600
I've been on the air for a long time, but I'm new to RTTY.

To operate split, I normally listen on the main receiver using VFO A, and
transmit on VFO B and listen to my transmit frequency on the sub receiver
VFO B. Works fine for CW and SSB.

When I try to do the same thing for RTTY, I hear nothing, not even noise, on
the sub receiver controlled by VFO B. I know I'm transmitting on VFO B
because I worked K1N tonight on 17M RTTY listening on about 18093.8 VFO A
and transmitting down about 7 kHz on VFO B. Why don't I hear anything on the
sub receiver VFO B with the AF gain at max, and the RF gain at 80% (the
pre-amp is always on for the sub receiver). Both the main and sub receivers
are set for FSK and 1000 Hz BW.

What am I doing wrong? I feel like I've entered the Twilight Zone.

Marsh, KA5M