Re: [TenTec] Omni VII on RTTY

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VII on RTTY
From: Ken Brown <ken.d.brown@hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2015 09:15:31 -1000
So you need to decide if you want to run AFSK with an external device producing mark/space audio tones that go to the transceiver audio input operating in SSB mode, or FSK wherein the transceiver has serial data going to the FSK mark/space keying input.
. It appears to me that you can not do FSK with that device. It will ... more than likely... run AFSK. I use the W3YY interface with my Omni VII and do run FSK. When operating in FSK mode the Omni VII produces the tones and I do think with the 712 the software produces the tones.

I'm trying to get my VII on RTTY. None of the 3 programs I've tried will
give me the tones.
All will key the rig but that's all. Main program is WriteLog, using the
712 interface,
rig is in FSK mode, audio source-line.  With the rig in USB , I get the
tones , but not
in FSK. Program and 712 worked like a Swiss watch with my Orion. Any help
will
be appreciated.