Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Opt 3. Key Clicks

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI Opt 3. Key Clicks
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 10:21:25 +0000
In October 1998, Inrad introduced the 2.8KHz filter that cured the chirp
issue.  W2VJN, the owner of Inrad, himself used an Omni VI+ and responded
quickly once the issue with the stock Ten-Tec filter was identified.  I
believe there was an issue with production tolerances of the Ten-Tec 2.4KHz
filter so that many were manufactured with an elevated center frequency,
which exacerbated the chirp.  Not only did the 2.8KHz filter cure the
chirp, it also provided a noticeable improvement in ssb audio quality for
both rx and tx.

Barry N1EU