Re: [TenTec] Centaur Tubes odd ones in parallel - finding and results

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centaur Tubes odd ones in parallel - finding and results
From: "R. Eric Sluder via TenTec" <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 09:50:12 -0400
I ran into the same deal with my AL-811 amp.  I had two NOS RCA tubes and a GE
tube in it.  Amp output was full power and all seemed well.  I decided to buy a
match trio of Cetron tubes from Surplus Sales.

I installed the Cetrons and noticed the plate on the GE had the oval mark on it
typically of an 811 indicating over heating.  The two RCA tubes looked fine.  I
chalk it up to non-matched tubes.

-Eric
W9WLW

Sent from an iPhone