Re: [TenTec] Weighted tuning knobs

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Weighted tuning knobs
From: Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 12:36:46 -0400
I do not know about the Omni VII but the Orion knob already weighs 6
ounces.  It seems to have plenty of inertia. Take the friction off (hold
trim ring and turn knob CCW) and a little spin will take it across the band.

I've got two nice Orion knobs I'll let go for $55/each including USA
postage. Will email a photo if interested. Orion knob is too big for my 599.

Maybe a home brew insert for the 599 knob? Will that work for the Omni
knob(I have not seen one)? For the 599, tungsten(or lead) pellets sounds
like a good project. I'll have to remember to get some the next time I'm at
a fishing or hunting supply store.

73, Bob ah7i/w4

On Sat, Apr 25, 2015 at

>    1. Weighted tuning knobs (jliving39@comcast.net)
>    2. Re: Weighted tuning knobs (Rodney)

   5. Re: Weighted tuning knobs (Joe Radio)