Re: [TenTec] OT: Anyone used LiFePo technology yet for portable operatio

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Anyone used LiFePo technology yet for portable operations?
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 22:47:40 +0200
Hi Kevin,

Tnx for that info.
I know the Scout needs 350 mA on RX.
Worst case it is easily convertible to a QRP rig.

My plan was to run it at about 25w.
I'll just have to test it.
>From what I have seen, most SOTA operations don't last very long anyway.

Do you happen to know what voltage the Scout gets squirrely at?

Actually the LiFePo batteries tend to deliver full voltage for most of their
charge.  This is one advantage they have over other technologies, so this
data point may turn out to be the decisive one.

Tnx

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)