Re: [TenTec] ALS 600, TT Orion and Omni 7

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] ALS 600, TT Orion and Omni 7
From: denton sprague <denton@oregontrail.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2015 12:41:17 -0700
Ok an update…
Mic ptt has failed totally and on the air reports indicate rf is getting out on
my signal, using external ptt switch.
It does not matter which mic or which mic cable I use the results is the
same….rf imposed on my ssb signal, ppt not functional and the only way to go to
ptt is to use the external ptt switch hooked up to the aux port…
It acts like it has lost its ground in the mic jack…or other  mechanical
failure. I won’t know till I pull off the covers and dig out the magnifying
glass to take a close look.
wobbling the mic cord’s connector on either end of the mic cord does nothing.
I have done a master reset….
fun and games….