Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Argonaut VI Lost RX/TX on 160/80 Meters
From: Connie Dodson <gcjd1947@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2015 23:03:00 -0600
I think TenTec should find out the problem.

It would be a good outcome of our list conversation, if antennas sold had
provision for, or, drawings and instructions for static bleed off, lightning
protection, ground and RF ground.

Uh, oh, ground to the common ground of all the utilities present in the alley,
not across the lawn from operating position to tower.

I still think TenTec should find out the problem.

For example: Is the board and are the components different in the TenTec
Argonaut VI's sold?

I helped Hewlett-Packard, Portland, once.

The HP 25C calculator had a problem of transcient spikes across the board, so
the brand new HP-25C went on the "fritz".

I said, how about a problem of uneven utilization of discharge of the batteries
while operating.

Anyway ...

Maybe I should put that on the list.

Uh, I just did.

Were components "fried"?

Did you "let the smoke out"?

Was your problem intermittent?

Was your problem only after components heated up?

Connie
w7cjd