Re: [TenTec] 2800Hz filters in 9mHz slots?

To: "Mark Kenward" <k8vf_mark@centurytel.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] 2800Hz filters in 9mHz slots?
From: "Paul Kraemer" <elespe@lisco.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 16:11:27 -0500
Mark
I have that mod in an OMNI VI + and really like it. I have the 2800 in both slots The receive is so much nicer and I have actually had the stations in the other part of the world pause a pile up " to find out what radio Paul is using". A real rush when that happens. I did not make the Inrad notch filter change but just park the notch at the high end. The audio was too hissy for me anyway.

The ONLY down side is that the bfo adjustments become super critical and the best sideband suppression obtainable will be about -38db. That reality is mentioned in INRAD literature.

Also, I may be over zealous with my praise as the stock TT filters in my radio when I got it used were really "broken"

Paul K0UYA

-----Original Message----- From: Mark Kenward