[TenTec] My first Argosy

To: "tentec" <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] My first Argosy
From: "A R" <raf_3@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Aug 2015 17:04:20 -0700
   Recently acquired an estate Argosy 525 with the 225 p/s. After a thorough
cleaning (dust) and replacing the broken dial cord*, it's working well, except
for occasionally going deaf upon power-up. Hitting PTT clears that issue, so
think the ant relay contacts need some TLC.

*The aperture for the LED freq cursor has small chunks taken out of the edges.
Did someone really try to move that cursor with some sort of "tool" when the
dial cord let go? Or...did someone try to adjust the position of the cursor
thru the aperture...which broke the dial cord? Now...maybe I've seen everything.

I'm impressed enough with this radio, that it may be my first QRP rig since my
HB 6AG7 Novice transmitter some 60 years ago. Any hints or suggestions for
optimizing the Argosy would be welcomed. First on my list (aside from cleaning
the relay contacts) is replacing the 4-pole 2.5KHz filter with a TT #218
8-pole 1.8KHz filter. Anyone got one of those that's surplus to their needs?

73,

Allen