Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Question?

To: "Gordon Jacobs" <gordonjacobs@att.net>, "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Jupiter Question?
From: "Rodney" <w3krq@dejazzd.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2015 21:28:19 -0400
Maybe you don't have a peak reading meter.

-----Original Message----- From: Gordon Jacobs
Sent: Friday, October 02, 2015 9:16 PM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: [TenTec] Jupiter Question?

I have recently acquired a Jupiter. When I push tune I only get about 20 watts. The output meter reads 23% Which is about right if the radio puts out 100 watts. When I try to modulate it the out put meter says 102%, but my old wattmeter will only show about 50 watts. I have tried this with 2 different watt meters and they are the same. Is this normal or is there something wrong, or is it the operator? This radio may be more than I can get my old mind around! Gordon KA5ZTI