Re: [TenTec] It's getting cold. Perfect antenna weather for a OCF dipole

To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] It's getting cold. Perfect antenna weather for a OCF dipole
From: "Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 17:11:10 +0200
Rob, I'm 100% with you.

I don't recall who wrote that line damning openwire, but he's off in
theoretical outer space.
In the practical world we live in, we have to accept compromise.
Not one in 100 hams has space for 9 antennas.
Most of us struggle to find space for just one.

I also emphasize your preference for genuinely balanced (symmetrical)
matching networks (matchbox).

And if that won't work (for instance my current QTH where I cannot install
openwire through the air), we drop down another layer of compromise and go
with an OCFD.

As the old sailors used to say, "any port in a storm."

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt am Main)