Re: [TenTec] New to list - follow-on to "SSB" Radio Salvage and Recyclin

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] New to list - follow-on to "SSB" Radio Salvage and Recycling,
From: Peter Bertini <radioconnection@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 15:05:36 -0400
Hi and welcome aboard...  I also own a Paragon II and two Omni VI rigs (563
and a 564.)  What drew me to the Ten Tec gear was the ready availability of
parts.  Now that Ten Tec is downsizing  I suspect the factory's legacy
support for older rigs will be dwindling. But, I also have a newer Yaesu
that will turn into a pumpkin if one major chip ever fails.

I see a lot of folks who seem to enjoy tearing old rigs apart and selling
them off a piece at a time on the infamous auction site.  Prices aren't
always a bargain. Tons of Omni V, VI and a few Paragon rig show up
regularly, a board at a time.

I'd like to see the Ten Tec WiKi expand to include generic off the shelf
parts that can be used to replace shaft encoders, LEDs.  switches, etc.
that the factory is no longer supplying.  I'm sure the stuff is out there.

Pete