Re: [TenTec] Fwd: digital modes

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: digital modes
From: Reed Krenn <reed.krenn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 17:16:19 -0500
Based on my experience, yes. The nice thing about the 712 is it already has
the proper connector installed to plug directly into the Orion. If the OII
uses the same DIN connector on the rear panel, you are good to go.

All you need then is a serial connection, keeping in mind Jim's cautions
about the adapters. FTDI chipsets have been MUCH more reliable than the
others.

Reed / WW3A