Re: [TenTec] O-II digital modes

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] O-II digital modes
From: "Dave Borcher" <cq_k7ng@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2015 09:19:05 -0800
I use a Timewave Navigator for my digital mode interface to my Orion II.
You buy a rig-specific interface cable (one friend calls it an
'octopus') that plugs in everywhere you need it to.

Via the Navigator you get the rig control, a CW keyer if you want it,
and the Navigator has its' own audio card.  One USB cable connects the
Navigator to the PC.

The Navigator has actual knobs for adjusting audio level out of the
receiver and to adjust the transmit power via tx audio level, plus CW
keyer speed.

Any application you care to use works with that setup.

I prefer FLDIGI for most of the ham radio digital modes; it has some
modes not available in other applications as well.  As mentioned
previously, WSJT-X gets you the popular JT65 and JT9 modes.

There is also MULTIPSK which does have the popular ham radio digital
modes, including JT65, plus many 'commercial' data formats, which you
can copy from the subreceiver.

My 2.4 Cent's worth.

73, Dave  K7NG