Re: [TenTec] Airpax 20 amp circuit breakers $5.00

To: TenTec@contesting.com, "Randy Randall"@contesting.com, randy.ab9go@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Airpax 20 amp circuit breakers $5.00
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2015 20:46:53 -0600
Just a note of caution here: the breaker is a delay 51 trip curve. Here's the
pertinent info from Airpax's data sheet on the breaker in question:

DELAY CURVES
400Hz, DC, 50/60Hz Delay Curves (typ)
A choice of delays is offered for DC, 50/60Hz, 400Hz, or
combined DC/50/60Hz applications. Delays 49, 59, 69
and 79 provide fast-acting, instantaneous tripping and
are often used to protect sensitive electronic
equipment (not recommended where a known inrush
exists). Delays 41, 51, 61 and 71 have a short delay for
general purpose applications. Delays 42, 52, 62 and 72
are long enough for most transformers and capacitor
loads. Delays 43, 53, 63 and 73 are extra long for
special motor applications.

It looks like for this breaker an x9 instantaneous trip would be the preferred
version rather than the x1 "short delay."

TNX/73, Al

------