[TenTec] Dirty Transmitters

To: "TenTec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Dirty Transmitters
From: terry foskey via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2015 00:43:12 +0000 (UTC)
 Jim Brown - K9YC - In response I would simply say, as I pointed out a while
back in a lively discussion.  You should do your part and buy the best
performing rigs out there and as the bar continues to get set higher, you
should sell and again buy the best.  That said, the last two sentences in the
report echoed my comments, in summary -  most Hams don't care and will continue
to buy what some of you classify as dirty.  I would also offer that Hams
operating these "Dirty" rigs aren't violating any FCC or statutory
regulations.  So it comes down to opinions.  Opinions with the only ability
to change the status quo is to talk with their pocketbooks.  I don't believe
the opinions expressed in these forums will do little to sway Yaesu, which
seems to be the worst offender according to commentary.  I plan to operate my
dirty beasts (Yaesu and Flex) in a multi-station setup later this coming year,
we will see what a menace they really are....The Yaesu FTDX 1200 was operated
last year with no issues.  We will run some tests this year in an effort to
identify impacts.
N5TF,Terry