Re: [TenTec] Transmitters...

To: Kimberly Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Transmitters...
From: Darrell Bellerive VE7IU <ve7iu@runbox.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 09:48:52 -0800
Check this out:
http://www.k9yc.com/TXNoise.pdf
And lots of great stuff by Jim at:
http://www.k9yc.com/publish.htm

On 15-12-10 09:38 AM, Kimberly Elmore wrote:
This harks back to something Rick touched on: Has anyone gone to the
(considerable) trouble to compile what numbers they can about transmitter IMD
performance (at least) and possibly phase noise from ARRL tests? That would be
a long-term task and I think ARRL changed their phase noise test procedure a
while back, so there may be apples and oranges mixed in. But, still, ARRL seems
the only one to regularly test transmitters. Rob Sherwood does a fabulous job
on receivers, but doesn't have equivalent data on transmitters.
I can see why someone might not want to take on the liability for putting up
numbers on a web page...
Kim N5OP

Darrell Bellerive
VE7IU