Re: [TenTec] Delta II intermittent RX (VCO issue?)

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Delta II intermittent RX (VCO issue?)
From: Mike Bryce <prosolar@sssnet.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 21:43:11 -0500
The solder on the VCO isn't the best.

The fix is simple. I had to do this repair I
On several delta IIs.

Remove the pcb, it's under the sun chassis

There are three VCOs.

I usually work on all three.

Under the mouse coffins, re solder every joint.

Watch you don't make solder  bridges!!

According to long time ten tec service guy Gary green, the potting goo shrinks
a bit and pulls parts out of an already iffy soldering job.

It's not hard to do but requires a good eye and steady hands

Mike wb8vge

Sent from my iPhone