[TenTec] Installing i.f. output mod or roofing filter for Corsair II

To: jon greenwood <n8mus@yahoo.com>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Installing i.f. output mod or roofing filter for Corsair II
From: Barry N1EU <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2015 11:19:48 +0000
I'm no expert, but I'd try tapping the 9MHz i.f. on the 80987 RF Mixer
board, between C21 and T8, and take the output through another .01 ceramic
disc cap if there's no input cap on the buffer amp board.  That's in the
center of the schematic on manual p3-10, right after the D7/D8 diodes that
split off the TX/RX signals.  You definitely want to tap before the Y1 xtal
filter.  Please let us know how it works.

I had once asked George W2VJN of Inrad where he would install a roofing
filter on the Corsair II and that's where he pointed, although that also
has never been done before to our knowledge.  Again, please let us know if
anyone tries this.  I'd like to do this myself some day and actually have
the roofing filter on hand.

73, Barry N1EU