Re: [TenTec] Service

To: "tentec@contesting.com" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Service
From: Jim Vohland <n9vo@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 16:21:02 -0500
I'm not an attorney but did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once. Seriously not
sure you can compare needing an attorney to needing a repair on an actual
product that I purchase. The system requires that I use you. Not many options
available. Competition would make your (attorneys) rates more competitive.
Where else can I can for support/repair on said product. I don't have a problem
at all with the first hour costing 140 and additionals 125. That does allow a
one hour repair to only costs 140 not the 265 originally stated. Big difference.

Another thing to consider. If for instance I have a Eagle purchased at todays
price of 1400. After warranty period, it would cost me 10% (140) of the
purchase price just to get in into the repair door. To compare this to other
items as is common now just consider if you took your 30,000 car in for repair.
Excuse me sir, it will be 3,000 just to take in and and get it looked at. Then
it will cost you an additional 2650 per hour for repairs......And so on and so
on.

It could get ugly. Quick.

I hope things work out for this new Ten Tec venture. I truly wish him well. But
not at any costs. I do not run a business nor can I claim any form of guru
knowledge regarding a business. I know you have to make a profit but you can
price yourself out of the market as well. If the repair business is that busy
and loses so much money, then perhaps it needs a close look.

Finally I am pleased to get the new explanation of pricing and I think it is
reasonable. The original statement was not and we shouldn't be ostracized for
pointing that out. Especially if you want us to keep buying and using your
products.