Re: [TenTec] SOTA

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SOTA
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 11:06:34 -0500
I think you will need at least 13.5 volts for the Eagle. One big advantage for the Argo VI is it will run on 8 volts.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com

On 1/13/2016 10:36 AM, Barry N1EU wrote:
Since SOTA is principally hiking up mountain summits to operate, it would
seem that an Eagle would be a poor choice, no?

I wouldn't want to carry anything heavier than a KX3.  I've done 198 summit
activations.

73, Barry N1EU