Re: [TenTec] Orion II men battery date?

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion II men battery date?
From: "Tony Lelieveld" <va3dwi@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 21:50:53 -0500
I bought my Orion-II on May 05, 2006.  I did not buy the ATU as I had seen and
advertisement from LDG who produced and sold an ATU for the O-II as an exact
drop-in module.  It had many memories and other features which the O-II tuner
from Ten-Tec did not have plus it was a lot cheaper in price.

Soon after my purchase of the tuner, others inquired about it but it had
disappeared from the LDG web-site and became un-obtainium.  I figured that
Ten-Tec made a deal with LDG to use their tuner in future O-II's.  (Disclaimer:
this is entirely my speculation and I never discovered if was indeed fact.).  I
can't find my manual right now but I believe that it was an "LGD-11 something
or other"  The below email kind of confirms this.  It works great and I am very
happy with it.

73, Tony VE3DWI.