[TenTec] Info... TEN-TEC.... OMNI-VII MARS... etc

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Info... TEN-TEC.... OMNI-VII MARS... etc
From: John Henry <jshenry1963@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 14:50:48 -0600
To answer a few threads on here at once.

OMNI-VII MARS, you do need to contact TEN-TEC service to get a "key file"
that is a ruf file that installs on your radio a key that matches some data
within your rig to open it up for MARS.
This ruf file only opens up one rig, so, it can't be used on anther rig to
open it up.
But, given the status of the repair department, it might take a while for
this to get done.

Repair status... yes, some units are now coming out of repair, they have a
backlog to work through. The phone is not set up yet, but you can send an
email to service at tentec dot com. They just hired Robert Marine back to
start answering email, and once phones are set up, he will also answer
phones. He works 3 days a week, so, give him some time to answer an email.
He is also assisting production and other duties as necessary.

There was an Orion II 566 firmware update release, it is available at www
dot tentec dot com.
There is no 64 bit version of the update utility, this utility works fine
in Windows 32 and 64 bit installations.

There will be a new Eagle update, just need to get it posted, but they are
trying to work on a bit better structured site. So it may take a bit. If it
takes too long I'll post it myself the Eagle yahoo group. BUT, for the
Eagle, you had better make sure you have the right USB to serial drivers
installed before attempting this, so, until that is available on the web
and figure out what drivers you need. It is based on your version of
firmware. If you have V1.x installed, you need to install the V1 firmware
to perform the update. If you have V2.x installed, then you need to install
the V2 firmware.
Be careful on Windows 8.1 and 10. Installing V1 drivers on Windows 8.1 and
10 requires you to disable driver signing, sorry, MS screwed up a LOT of
people requiring signed drivers, not just TEN-TEC.
Once you install the new Eagle version V2.3, you will then need to install
the V2.x drivers to use a CAT program/N4PY/N1MM/HRD/etc.
oh, this version of the Eagle gives a bit more PEP output on SSB, better
ALC action, and corrects the fan cycling issue at or near room temperature.

There will be a new OMNI-VII update, just need to get it posted. No, don't
need to worry about drivers like above in the Eagle, easy one.
It fixes the problem in remote mode that customers were having where you
could not record a CW Macro longer than 15 characters and have it sent out
on the air properly. Sorry, a mistake I made when I improved the streaming
audio. I did test the CW Type, but not with a long CW macro buffer, my bad.
Like the Eagle, if it is going to take a while to get the new website to
handle products better, I may post it on the OMNI-VII yahoo group.

I might send them to the ten tec wiki also, but, don't want multiple
installs posted, so, hopefully the new website will get them soon, time
will tell.

ok, what else.

Yes, they are still in business, can't believe how many times I get that
email a day....

Financially they are starting to gain ground big time, so, new production
runs of the OMNI-VII and the Eagle are getting planned, others as well,
which one's? don't ask because I won't tell.

Also work is ongoing on new products.

There is work ongoing to ensure the Patriot/Rebel work with the ChipKit
uC32, for those that don't know the Uno32 went out of production, but
luckily the uC32 works.

ok, all of the above is just "John Henry's" way of answering a few
questions, all worded MY way, and not professionally done for PR's sake,
just done in a way to answer a few questions.

repair phones aren't ready yet, but soon.
Sales phones aren't ready yet, but soon.
Production will commence soon.

Commercial sales have been fantastic, and they are planting the seeds that
will help TEN-TEC grow again. Thank Heavens for our FANTASTIC commercial
sales interface. I personally think that with his help and with Dishops
leadership, well, TEN-TEC will not only make it but prosper and come back
as strong as it had ever been in the past.

No, I'm not employed at TEN-TEC, and no, I don't represent TEN-TEC, just
passing info that I can along. I rarely get on the reflectors anymore, but,
when I do, and I can help answer questions, I do, e.g. the front panel
mold, ... well, won't reiterate, go read the OMNI-VII yahoo group for more
info on it there.....

73, KI4JPL
John Henry