[TenTec] OMNI VII encoder part

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VII encoder part
From: "N4IJ ." <dougn4ij@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2016 21:58:42 -0600
I was in the process of replacing the bad encoder/s for the
passband/bandwitch
RF/AF gain and somewhere in the process a zip lock bag that contained the
plastic sleeves that help center the encoders disappeared.  I went ahead
and mounted the encoders, put it back together and of course the encoders
stick. The push button feature is intermittent. You wouldn't believe all
the strange symptoms you get when a button sticks. Most of the time it wont
boot up the the error message "button pushed".

I doubt anyone has these sitting around, but maybe a source is known?  I
hesitate to even try to call ten tec for anything at this point. I did call
them when I originally had the encoder issue, and they had none, and had no
prospects of getting any. I did find a substitute Bournes encoder part.

Any leads appreciated.  Stupid request, sinc ei should never have lost them

73 Doug N4IJ