[TenTec] RFI into Orion II

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RFI into Orion II
From: "Troy, W6HV" <w6hv@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2016 14:59:44 -0800
I recently got a Heil Pro Set 6 and tried to use it with the Orion II. The mic
cable is a shield conductor with the center conductor to the tip of a plug and
the case is connected to the shield. This causes the mic to have no RF shield
and the result is heavy RF into the Orion mic input. Does anyone have a
solution? I have tried a FT-240-J toroid, decoupling with a 1:1 600 ohm
transfomer and both windings by-passed with .001 caps. The only thing I can
think of is the place shielding con the cable (ugly!). Any help?
73,
Troy, W6HV