Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422b troubleshooting help needed

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion 422b troubleshooting help needed
From: "A R" <raf_3@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2016 21:05:28 -0700

Gary,

No problem here. I have a built-in autocorrect "uncorrector". I read
"overcurrent" despite the autocorrect's corruption.

I'm inclined to suspect the failures are due to a device mfg quality
issue...like doping impurities, and probably lot-related. Wish I had the date
codes from the failed devices (assuming that they were all MJ15001's). The one
in my amp carries the "ON" logo, is from Mexico, and has a lot code of
"BM0318". I believe that Harris also makes the MJ15001. Too bad Motorola is no
longer mfg such devices here in the valley. Do we have any on-shore
manufacturers of semi's anymore?

73,

Allen--W7GIF