Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Support Allocation of Overhead

To: <k9yc@arrl.net>, "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Ten Tec Support Allocation of Overhead
From: "rick@dj0ip.de" <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 22:05:32 +0100
RIGHT!

73 - Rick, DJ0IP
(Nr. Frankfurt, Germany)

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces@contesting.com] On Behalf Of Jim Brown
Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 8:56 PM
To: tentec@contesting.com

On Sun,3/13/2016 12:05 PM, Reed Krenn wrote:
> Actually, we live in a constitutional republic, not a "Democracy", and
freedom of speech only applies to interactions with government.

You're pretty deep into the weeds with the above comments. On the other
hand, Terry is right on target. As has been observed, the new owners of the
Ten Tec brand bought the assets, but did NOT assume the liabilities.
That means that all warranties still are the responsibility of the "old"
Ten Tec, which no longer is there to fulfill them.

I have great respect for companies that charge enough for their products to
stay in business long enough to support them. When I do biz with them, I
never complain about price, which I expect them to set so that they can stay
in business. Elecraft is one such US company -- like the old Ten Tec, their
stuff is first class, it isn't cheap, and it's very well supported. And
unlike big names like Apple, it's actually made in the USA.

> You should have NO expectations of FOS with regard to private
interactions.

Right.

73, Jim K9YC