Re: [TenTec] Scout troubles

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Scout troubles
From: Alan via TenTec <tentec@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 16:36:13 -0400
Allan
The SCOUT is an amazing radio...hope it works out for  you

Alan KB7MBI

In a message dated 3/14/2016 9:54:46 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
k7gt.cw@gmail.com writes:

I am  checking out a Scout that has been sitting around the shack of a local
OT  ham with the idea of perhaps
purchasing it. I have not yet put it to a real  antenna but did some
checking with a good dummy load and power meter.
On  the upper bands (10,15, 20 and sometimes 30m) it will put out full
power
for a while (dits on the keyer, for about 10-15 sec),
then  hesitate, signal goes kinda chirpy, then drop down to very low or  nil
power. It seems to be rock solid on 3.5 and 7 MHz.
I did a quickie  cleanup of the interface strip but it wasn't all that
thorough.

I am  not a electronics tech but can do a few obvious things.  Any
suggestions???

--
73     Allan     K7GT