[TenTec] SOTA Radios

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] SOTA Radios
From: Reed <w4jz@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 00:04:56 -0500
If I was going to do a 5 to 7 mile hike it would depend if I was going by myself or with someone which would determine what rig I carried. Weight & size would have a huge part on my decision! I probably would carry my little Elecraft KX1 & couple sets of lithium AA batteries with a resonant antenna + 2m/70cm handheld & a fully charged cell phone if by myself. Rest of weight would be for water & some kind of nutrition. Short trip probably the FT-817 or going with someone on a longer hike.

Since we don't have any SOTA, that I can find, close by in middle TN I'll just stick to the farm land hills & parks. We do have some nice parks!

Here is a guy that does it first class & has used just about every QRP rig and antenna. Steve, wG0AT. He also lives in a beautiful area for SOTA!

https://www.youtube.com/user/goathiker

73,
Reed  W4JZ