Re: [TenTec] Cutting edge technogogy

To: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>, Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Cutting edge technogogy
From: Wade Staggs <tvman1954@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 16:21:51 -0500
*If caught today? They would probably have a special jack to raise the jail
and place me under it! As a young man. ( many, many and many more years ago
) The neighbors dog just loved to turn over our garbage cans. I rigged up a
car radio vibrator ( anybody remember those? ) and a car ignition coil
through a 10 ohm wire wound resistor. Attached the output of the coil to
the garbage can..... On the first night out, at about 10:00 PM we heard the
most awful noise a dog could make. From that time until the day we moved,
Fido would not even come into our yard. Who says you can't teach an old dog
new tricks. Would I do that now? NO! We have gotten OLD, Softhearted and
Afraid that the  SPCA, Obama, Hillary and the Whole US Government would
find a way to make a Federal Case out of it!*
*                                       73 de Wade/KJ4WS*

On Fri, Apr 1, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net> wrote:

> Let's keep "noodling" this one - we might be on to something.
>
> Given:
>         A. Horizontal loop antennas are known for their effectiveness.
>         B. Many hams have fenced yards to keep various critters out.
>         C. A number of said hams are interested in beacon operation.
>
> Therefore:
>         I suggest a combination low horizontal loop/electric fence, made
> hot with RF
> from a beacon TX (older Ten-Tec rig, got to keep this on topic!) The only
> caveat would be a need for SWR protection when said critter comes in
> contact
> with the hot wire. For example: neighbor's pooch discovers it can copy
> CW: "AroooYipYipAroooYip AroooYipYipYip AroooYipAroooYip AroooYip...."
>
> I'll go crawl back under my rock now HI HI!!
>
> 73, Al
>
> On Fri April 1 2016 11:16:06 am Paul K. wrote:
> > Rick,
> > Your on to something big here.
> >
> > If I put my 6 Joule fencer on the feed line will it keep the bears from
> > tripping over the feed line that runs through the rocks?
> >
> > TNX  ...  es  ...  73  ...  de  ...  WA0BAG  . .
> >
> > Paul K.
> > WA0BAG
> >

> > Message: 3
> > Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2016 09:52:03 +0200
> > From:"rick@dj0ip.de"  <Rick@DJ0IP.de>
> > To: "'Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment'"<tentec@contesting.com>,
> >       <TenTec_Eagle@yahoogroups.com>,<Ten-Tec-Omni-VII@yahoogroups.com>,
> >       <TenTec_539@yahoogroups.com>,<TTScout555@yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [TenTec] OT:  New Bleeding-Edge Antenna Technology
> >
> > The lack of snow this year has enabled us to be active over the Winter
> > months.
> >
> > We have developed a new cutting edge antenna technology that is sure to
> > sharpen our contest scores and DX competitiveness.
> >

> > I'm discussing with Con (my boss) to see if we can show this on our
> > Spiderbeam Booth in Friedrichshafen.
> >
> > Unfortunately it won't be ready in time for Dayton.
> >

> > See:http://www.dj0ip.de/cutting-edge-ant/
> >

> > Remember, this is only under consideration at this time.
> >
> > If we get enough resonance, we may productize this technology.
> >

> > 73
> >
> > Rick,  D J 0 Im Possible
> >

> > PS:  Please share this with any and all other groups you are a member of.
> > Tnx

*Living one day at a time with Jesus as my Savior. But, still having Fun.*