[TenTec] OMNI VII erratic ALC led

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VII erratic ALC led
From: jliving39@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 10:18:34 +0000 (UTC)
Guys,
     My OMNI VII alc led sometimes lights on cw and sometimes not.  Power out
seems normal though.  Also, when setting mike gain alc led is erratic.
Has anyone else experienced this problem.  My understanding is that on cw both
tx and alc are supposed to light with all characters.  Also, had a problem with
distorted ssb on six meters, but solved that by putting the Eagle on six.  Was
getting reports of rf in my audio.  Had all equipment tied together, but am
directly under the yage.  Anyway, any experience with the alc light?  Thanks,
jim, K4CFA