Re: [TenTec] Centurion Amp - early model, looking for advice

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Centurion Amp - early model, looking for advice
From: Mike Schatzberg <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2016 21:13:56 -0400
Ok. Your tubes are not biased. This is not the way they would have built the
amp. Depending on your meters accuracy, zero bias might allow 140 mils max.

You have no cut off or operating bias.

I don't have the road map for that amp, but it apparently uses an electronic
bias switching with a transistor switch. Either the switch is bad or the bias
source is bad.  I think it takes around 100 volts to cut off the 3-500, and
only around 6 to 7 volts to run at 60 to 70 mils for two tubes.

This is not very difficult to trouble shoot, but you need a fix not a mod.

There are only a few diodes, maybe a zener, and a transistor to replace at
most.

73,

Mike
W2AJI