Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] CW Mobile
From: Tim <tim@ke4ke.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2016 10:55:55 -0500
Hi,

The logging by recorder is a good idea. One member of the Minnesota Wireless Association does it for the MN QSO Party with video and posts them to YouTube. I would miss some details in conversational CW and so I do write down details, but mostly not looking. I also only operate on pretty quiet sections of roadway. Hehe road bumps do have an effect on sending! I did use my Jupiter from the vehicle one time with one contact to France while running 50 watts. It's just a bit too big to have on the seat all the time, but I really do like it's size on the desktop. I should find out if TT still has any Eagle mobile mounts. I use a Bencher straight key turned around backwards. I have long arms.

I call it text'ing with out looking. If there was anything that should have been close to scary it was that my first CW contact after many years was done mobile. Pretty exciting really. Apartment living is what drove me to this you know. If I get near town I normally pull over somewhere and finish the QSO. A couple of times it has been mobile to mobile CW.

My friend in KY is the one who suggested I operate mobile. He didn't know I would take it and use CW. This was three years ago. I think it was his fault back in 88 as well. In that case I had HF phone in the car for our move to Alaska which was nice for the trip.

Tim
KE4KE