Re: [TenTec] TEN TEC 960 Power Supply Capacitor

To: <TenTec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] TEN TEC 960 Power Supply Capacitor
From: "Reeve Family" <reevefamily@cogeco.ca>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 07:38:00 -0400
Thanks to all who responded regarding the failing filter capacitor in my 960
power supply.

I have taken your advice and the PS is removed from service until I can
replace the capacitors. Guess I'm lucky it didn't fail catastrophically.

It looks like there will be some disassembly required to get the capacitor
out of the circuit board but it appears doable, and it looks like there are
a number of sources online for a 47,000 uF / 40 V capacitor so I should be
able to make this repair and get it back in service.

73,

Rick VE3ORY