Re: [TenTec] Omni V

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni V
From: Carl Moreschi <n4py3@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 17:17:27 -0400
There's a software procedure in my Omni V.9 firmware that allows you to exactly calibrate it.

Here's a clip form the Omni V.9 manual that tells how to do it.

 Crystal Calibration Mode -

    There is now a way to correct for crystal aging.  To calibrate
    a specific band, proceed as follows:

      1) Tune to the band and frequency of the known source signal.
         Mtune must be off for this procedure.
      2) Tune the dial to read the exact frequency desired.
      3) Press SHIFT TUNE.
      4) Tune the signal in as accurately as possible.  The display
         should not change while you are tuning.  Take care to not
         tune the dial any more than is necessary.
      5) When the signal is properly tuned, Press ENTER.  This will
         exit the crystal calibrate procedure.

    Please note that the scratch pad memory and alternate VFO will be
    set to the value of the current VFO when the procedure is complete.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
58 Hogwood Rd
Louisburg, NC 27549
www.n4py.com