Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Tentec Centurion bias question

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fwd: Tentec Centurion bias question
From: "A R" <raf_3@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 14:58:05 -0700

Floyd,

I'm guessing that the 100ma Ip is in both the standby and operate modes?

Same condition experienced here on my Centurion was corrected by replacing bias
transistor Q1 on the FILAMENT-AC board. Leads for that transistor are
accessible. Check for collector to emitter short. I replaced the failed MJ15001
Q1 with a JAN 2N3055...problem solved. You might check the archives for
"Cenurion 422b troubleshooting help" thread on 3/3/2016 for details on the Q1
failure cause.

Good luck,

Allen--W7GIF