Re: [TenTec] Omni VI instability, TCXO worth it?

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Omni VI instability, TCXO worth it?
From: Jim Allen <jim.allen@longhornband.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 17:36:15 -0500
It's not all bad.  When my Omni Vi opt. 3 had a transceive problem, I sent it
in.  I had a few chats with the head tech describing the exact symptoms and
eventually was told that there was no problem at all, verified on two separate
benches.  It was about $120 shipping out and back.  No charge for the look-see.
 Well, there WAS a problem.  It was not transceiving on the same frequency,
just as I claimed.

I ended up sending it to a private repair guy, Wade, who used to participate
here.  I've not seen him here in a long time.  He found some parts in the chain
that needed replacing and that fixed it.  You might consider getting in touch
with him.

73 de W6OGC Jim Allen

When it came back,
Sent from my iPad