Re: [TenTec] OT: Question to the group

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: Question to the group
From: Al Gulseth <wb5jnc@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2016 07:58:46 -0500
What gets me is seeing folks obsessing over getting "only 90W" out of their
100W rated rig on some particular band but then ignoring the inefficiencies
of their generic autotuner/balun setup and/or antenna. Give me 50W (or even
5W) and a low-loss matching and feed system into an efficient antenna and
I'll outdo your 100W into a lossy matching system/feedline and poor antenna.
The commercial VHF/UHF (and ham 60M etc.) system of ERP (Effective Radiated
Power) consisting of TX power out - feedline losses X antenna gain is also
applicable at HF and a more realistic picture than just TX output.

/rant off HI HI!!

73, Al