Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] OT: 7300 buy back program
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 00:38:44 -0700
On Mon,8/15/2016 12:24 AM, rick@dj0ip.de wrote:
Many of the users are not satisfied - for whatever reason -  and have
buyer's remorse.

It's easy to see why, having owned the K3/P3 for a long time, one of the radios whose features this one tries (and fails badly) to emulate. It's billed as an SDR with knobs plus a touch screen spectrum display. All that's true, sort of, but the display is too small for the touch function to work very well. If you want the features of an SDR with the performance of a real radio, you've got to aim a LOT higher. There's a reason that the Flex and Elecraft radios cost as much as they do.

I don't see the 7600 as a step up -- among other things, it's fairly dirty transmitting CW. I've got a neighbor 10 miles away using one who makes my life miserable. I see the Kenwood TS590 rigs as the best bang for the buck NEW radio today. I think a used Orion II or K3 is an awfully good deal.

73, Jim K9YC