Re: [TenTec] Replacement output T/R relays for TT linear amps.

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Replacement output T/R relays for TT linear amps.
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 13:27:54 -0700
Agreed on all counts. Several years ago, an engineer in the Alpha booth told me they use Gigavac. I've been using Gigavac as replacements for my TenTec amps for about ten years. I bought them direct from Gigavac under their ham discount program, and I still have a couple of new spares in my parts stash. I don't remember the last time I had to replace a T/R relay -- I'd guess at least 5-6 years, and my operation is 90% CW. I do NOT usually do QSK with those amps though, because of operating speed, the complexity of keying loops with SO2R operation, and not wanting to have to replace a T/R relay in the middle of a contest.

73, Jim K9YC