Re: [TenTec] Another famous ship wreck

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Another famous ship wreck
From: w3ka@lycos.com
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:59:09 -0400
This is a very interesting thread, during my novice days in the early 1960s, while "shortwave listening", I copied a CW distress call from a ship, sending that they were taking on water and lost engine power. The CW operator sent his position repeatedly, and I copied it several times to make sure it was correctly noted, and then telephoned the Eatons Neck, NY US coast guard facility on Long Island (the nearest one to me that I knew of), where the duty officer told me he would take care of this call. He said the coordinates given were on the Great Lakes.. I have long lost my logs and notes from those days also..
                73, Jim W3KA