Re: [TenTec] Preselector, was: Re: Scads of used Icom IC-7300

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Preselector, was: Re: Scads of used Icom IC-7300
From: Katz Ajamas <ajamas.rn@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 12:47:38 -0400
John and Rick

Thanks! I retract my remarks WRT the Heros folk :-)

I'll have to scratch my head/pencil.
There is a temptation for multiple stages to make a 'modern' TRF set!

As for the QRM. There is that one station on 1690kHz that tears me up on
160m. A pre-selector will come in handy for that. Other bands, except maybe
40m, are pretty well taken care of with the big Johnson match box. There is
enough RF on my 80m loop to light an LED. With the scope 1meg input, I see
over 60V.

73, -Bob