[TenTec] Power output 580 Delta

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Power output 580 Delta
From: Bill <sirwilliam@ctc.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2016 23:05:19 -0400
Hey all,
First post to the group but I will say you all seem to have so much on the ball.
Thanks for being there...(here).
Reading abt first rigs, caused me to pull my 580 Delta off the shelf to decide what to do with it, Can you tell me what may be acting up? (First-rig tale is for another thread.) Drive light does not light...it did previously. It's connected per visual. (Maybe connection needs to be turned 180 degrees then reconnected?). Manual does say it may not light even though ample power is there. Wattmeter (old MFJ 816; only used on this rig) shows CW mode power-out close to 100W into dummy load if I turn Drive almost full. Same reading if I use a MFJ 993 tuner. Readings are only about 15W when talking into the TenTec #700 mic on SSB using dummyload. Louder than normal voice will get a little higher reading on wattmeters, A harsh sound, like the word 'tooo', spoken loudly, will produce a 50W+ reading. But not near the output on CW. And I really don't want to be yelling into the mic...kinda competes with XYL's TV volume.
TenTec PS #280 shows almost 15V output.
The Delta pull/push-on/off switch not working (AF portion is ok).(One of the reasons I put the 580 Delta on the shelf.) But because of earlier discussions I am looking into either a new switch or a replacement for the unavailable Model 1140 circuit breaker. So my question is what may be causing this difference in output between CW and SSB?
Thanks, 73 Bill K4VET