[TenTec] Fwd: Alpha, RKR, and Dishtronix

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fwd: Alpha, RKR, and Dishtronix
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 12:47:24 -0700
Steve London, N2IC, sent me this. I appreciate the correction.

73, Jim K9YC

=   =   =   =   =

This "corporate raider" stuff is pure BS, invented by the Dishtronix owner.

The two R's in RKR owned the contract manufacturer that Alpha outsourced
its work to. They were owed a great deal of money by the previous Alpha
owner. They had a choice - let Alpha go bankrupt, and likely not recover
much of what they were owed, or take over Alpha, in lieu of payment.
They chose the latter. The K in RKR is N0QO, who invested some money to
keep Alpha floating. As it turned out, they tried to make it a
profitable business, but were unsuccessful. No one was interested in
buying them out for anything close to what they were owed. They decided
that the best way to recover some of their money was the "fire sale"
they had in the last few months they were still advertising in QST.
Hardly "corporate raiders". BTW, N0QO got nothing from the fire sale. He
so disagreed with the two R's that he quit about the time the fire sale
started, losing all of his investment.

Alpha has not been profitable since Dick Ehrhorn owned it.

Right now, Alpha has 2 employees. Glenn, AE0Q, and Pam (whose call I
forget). Brad quit several months ago. It's not easy to get talented
and/or skilled employees who will work for peanuts in the
Denver/Boulder/Longmont job market.

73,
Steve