Re: [TenTec] Help with Tentec Omni 5

To: "Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment" <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Help with Tentec Omni 5
From: "Radio AI2Q" <ai2q@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 18:13:37 -0400
Doc, first check the seating of the small 2-pin connector on the audio board at the top of the chassis.

In your troubleshooting, always work back from the speaker towards the audio amplifier, then the audio preamp, etc.

You can inject noise with a small screwdriver touched by your finger. Be cautious so you don't inadvertently short anything nearby. The schematic is your friend.

Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex
Member: ARRL, FOC, RSGB, CWops, QRP-L, Antique Wireless Association, New England Radio Discussion Society, DXCC Honor Roll, 16ØM DXCC, 8ØM DXCC
http://ai2q.org

----- Original Message ----- From: "Doc" <k0evzdoc@gmail.com>