Re: [TenTec] Orion Display

To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Orion Display
From: Dukes HiFi <dukeshifi@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2016 23:28:54 -0500
What is wrong with your display? Is it not working at all, does it have bad
pixels or is it just dim?

So far as I know, no replacement is available.

However, if your illuminator is just weak and dim, I have a solution.

That involves replacing the LED illuminator in the display assembly.

I have done this a few times, both on Orion’s and on IC-756 series radios. it
takes bout 2  hours of your time and about $90 in parts.

If you do some searching, the parts can be had for about $20 or so.

Gary