Re: [TenTec] Fiberglass poles?

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] Fiberglass poles?
From: Jim Brown <k9yc@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2016 21:14:55 -0700
My neighbor, W6GJB, has built a 40M horizontal dipole using two 33 ft Jackite poles. He's a Mechanical Engineer by training and retired from the space program where he worked as an Aeronautical Engineer. He says the Jackite poles are good poles.

We also built an antenna using a Spiderbeam pole. It broke in a 45 mph wind because it's not well reinforced.

73, Jim K9YC