[TenTec] Filters for Eagle

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] Filters for Eagle
From: Phillip Zminda <phil-z@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 10:09:59 -0500
A good friend of mine picked up a used Eagle when he saw it at Dayton. He
hasn’t been using it and now realizes he has too many 100 watt rigs. He will
sell it to me for a very good price. It has the internal tuner but he hasn’t
opened it up to see if it has any optional filters in it. He has only used it
on SSB. I expect to use this rig as a backup, portable and Field Day rig but
probably not as my contest rig since I have a K3 as my main rig. How effective
is the DSP filtering without having a CW filter? Do the filters occasionally
show up as used items? Hopefully when Ten-Tec gets back up to speed new filters
may be available at a later time if I decide to add them. I am not too
concerned about AM transmitting but how is the general coverage receive on AM?

I have been wanting an Eagle for a long time but never could justify buying
one. I did have an ArgonautVI but that left me with too many QRP rigs so I sold
mine, This one is too good to pass up. Any Eagle recommendations are
appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil N3ZP